More dirt, more often
Stay out longer, go a little farther, summit sooner.
A quick, 150mm-travel trail bike for picking off mid-week missions and day-long excursions
The best ways we can think of to improve a ride on the dirt is to stay out longer, go a little farther, summit the climb sooner, or just make a ride happen, period. Our new 150mm-travel RIP e9 29er checks all those boxes. It’s a quick, mid-travel trail bike for picking off mid-week missions and day-long excursions alike.
Made with metal
We start with a hand welded 6061 aluminum frame and a one-piece motor mount that unifies the upper and lower pivot locations with the shock mount for exceptional stiffness. Forged seat- and chainstay yokes, rocker arm, hollowed dropouts, plus our signature Enduro Max Black Oxide pivot bearings, make this all-new Niner chassis rock solid.
Powered by Bosch
A Bosch Performance Line CX motor delivers smooth pedal assist with no surprises. Torque sensitive, zero-lag power delivery is predictable in all conditions. And the 625wh battery means you can ride farther without fear of losing the juice.
But above all, Niner ride quality is paramount. Accordingly, the RIP e9 suspension behavior was carefully evaluated during development. The addition of pedal assist reduced the importance of Niner’s signature CVA system and the elaborately tuned, highly efficient pedaling platform it offers.
With the freedom to consider a range of proven, well-suited suspension designs, our engineers turned to (and hot-rodded) a Horst-link 4-bar system. Turning over every rock in pursuit of performance, we adjusted the leverage ratio, shock length, stroke, orientation and mounting location to elicit Niner’s signature kinematics. Using a “right side up” trunnion shock mount, bearings in the rocker arm are free to rotate smoothly.. The net result is a remarkably supple, balanced suspension curve that’s equally at home going uphill or down, and ready to take on any trail.
Whether you want to rack up more rides per week, wring out more mileage per ride, or just inject the everyday with a dose of extraordinary, the RIP e9 is ready to roll.
Niner Bikes e9 series, powered by Bosch
Our new e9 series of ebikes is powered exclusively by Bosch, a global leader in ebike technology. Even with an expanding range of available drive systems, the choice to partner with Bosch was easy for Niner.
Bosch has been building ebike motors for over a decade, making it the most experienced supplier. Bosch’s original pedal-assist motor is based on a Mercedes power steering unit developed by Bosch but was too expensive for the auto industry. The motor has evolved since then and is currently optimized in the latest 4th-generation release, the Performance Line CX.
The Bosch Performance Line CX is the best choice for Niner’s e9 series.
- Bosch’s latest Performance Line CX Gen 4 motor is smaller by 40% and reduced in weight by 700 grams (26%) while increasing efficiency (more range for the same battery) and keeping the torque performance, compared to the prior version.
- Bosch has the most responsive (fastest processing speed) torque sensor on the market. It’s 20x faster than the nearest competitor. This means the system adds assistance faster and also shuts off faster when the rider stops pedaling.
- Bosch’s battery is the only UL listed battery and charger on the market- (safety) Niner is utilizing Bosch’s new PowerTube battery in both the 500Wh and 625 Wh sizes and both are nestled into the frame to optimize low center of gravity.
- Bosch’s battery offers the most energy density on the market today (which translates to the most range per pound of battery, making bikes lighter).
- Bosch has the largest service network in North America with over 2500 certified techs. Frequent clinics around the world offer plenty of opportunity for Niner dealers and sales staff to be certified.
- An automotive grade diagnostics system makes it easy for dealers to monitor Bosch drive systems.
- Bosch has a 2 year warranty on their systems and they are conservative in their estimate of system life. In fact, testers have run motors for longer than 5 years and 30,000 miles.
Bosch Performance Line CX motor
Bosch’s motor is the most efficient on the market today with the flattest torque curve. This means that at a cadence of 30-110 rpm the torque is even and available to the rider. The torque sensor is 20x faster than any other on the market, thanks to a faster processor, resulting in zero-lag power delivery.
- 85Nm max torque returns a sporty ride feel
- 340% maximum power assist
- Class leading torque management for smooth, predictable power delivery.
- Efficient motor makes full use of available energy
- No drag and no overheating.
- Noise optimized gearbox is quiet and discreet.
Bosch Purion display
Compact, clear, and easy to read, the Purion display offers information and power management at the touch of a button.
- Clear display of charging status, speed, riding mode, range, and distance.
- Easily toggle between five power assist modes (Turbo, eMTB, Tour, Eco, and Off).
- “Walk” assist button for even support when off the bike and pushing.
- Backlit, no-glare display for easy viewing.
- Easy diagnostics at the dealer via micro-USB port.
- Optional service interval display
Bosch Power Tube batteries
Energy dense, compact, and integrated into the frame design, Bosch Power Tube lithium ion batteries set the standard for modern ebikes.
- Rugged, long range Power Tube 625wh for RIP e9 and WFO e9
- External access for versatile recharging, on or off the bike
- 4 Amp standard chargers offer ideal balance of performance, weight and size.
- Power Tube 625: 4.9 hours to full charge
|Available frame sizes||SM, MD, LG||Available colors||Black|
|MOTOR||BOSCH GEN4 PERFORMANCE LINE CX 20MPH||FRAME||NINER RIP E9 150MM TRAVEL|
|DISPLAY||BOSCH PURION||FORK||ROCKSHOX YARI RC 160MM|
|SHOCK||ROCKSHOX SUPER DELUX SELECT PLUS RT 185X55MM TRUNNION||BATTERY||BOSCH POWERTUBE 625WH|
|FRONT WHEEL||STANS NOTUBES FLOW D, FORMULA CL-811 HUB 110X15MM FRONT||TUBES/SEALANT||TUBES|
|FRONT TIRE||MAXXIS MINION DHF 3C/EXO/TR 29X2.5WT FRONT||REAR WHEEL||STANS NOTUBES FLOW D, FORMULA ECT-148S HUB 148X12MM REAR|
|BRAKES||SRAM GUIDE RE||REAR TIRE||MAXXIS AGGRESSOR 2C/EXO/TR 29X2.5WT REAR|
|BRAKE ROTORS||SRAM CENTERLINE 200MM CENTERLOCK||BRAKE LEVERS||SRAM GUIDE RE|
|FRONT SHIFTER||N/A||CHAIN||SRAM SX EAGLE 12SP|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||N/A||REAR SHIFTER||SRAM SX EAGLE 12SP|
|CASSETTE||SRAM PG1210 EAGLE 11-50T||REAR DERAILLEUR||SRAM SX EAGLE 12SP|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||N/A||CRANKSET||PRAXIS BOSCH G4 ISIS 165MM WITH SRAM DM EAGLE RING 36T|
|SEATPOST||KS LEV SI (S-100MM, MD-125MM, LG-150MM)||SADDLE||NINER CUSTOM TR WITH CR-MO RAILS, PRINTED NINER GRAPHIC|
|STEM||RACE FACE AEFFECT R, 35MM CLAMP||HANDLEBAR||RACE FACE AEFFECT R 780MM WIDE, 20MM RISE, 35MM CLAMP|
|GRIPS||NINER GRRRIPS L/O NYLON FLANGED||HEADSET||NINER INTERNAL ZS SHIS DESCRIPTION ZS44/28.6 | ZS56/40|
|APPROX. WEGHT||55.5 LBS/ 25.2 KG|